Monday, April 30, 2018

Seaside Photography

This photo, in my opinion, is probably best seabird photo that I was able to capture with my little phone.  Its one time I wonder what it would have looked like with a really fancy camera, but I really don't much want to learn how to use one, so I won't make that kind of investment.  Still, isn't it lovely?!  

I notice that the larger seabirds..pelicans, seagulls, white herons, egrets, and Great blue herons, seem to like to play more in the early evenings before sunset.  It seems a great feeding time for the pelicans and seagulls, especially, and there is something so magnificent about watching them dive so swiftly straight to the water to catch something to eat.  Oftentimes several will dive down in together in unison and timing just could not be more perfect as they dive, grab, and fly back up with great speed..its incredible!  


The Great Blue Herons mostly like to hang around the fishermen as if they can smell something from their bait bucket..miles away..they show up and can stand for hours in a spot or two just waiting and hoping for a morsel of something.  The pretty white herons also hang around the fishermen at times, but I think if anyone is going to get a nibble it will be the blue grandfatherly looking ones..they appear to be the boss, but hey, I could be wrong!  

The seagulls just fly around and seem to get so excited right before sunset in some areas..there can be many in a bunch making lots of racket and flying over the water, over your head, but don't drop a crumb..they will flock around you like there is no tomorrow and 30 or so will seem to appear out of nowhere in seconds!  It just blows my mind!  

I love all the little guys too..most especially the sandpipers...nothing makes me smile every time I see them scurry here and there from this wave back to the water and and away from the next wave or a someone's feet coming anywhere near them. Its just the best fun! :)  Yet, it is very difficult to capture that in a photo!

Still, this photo of the pelican at a nearby beach that has a few big rocky boulders and some of these wooden perches for them, are the most beautiful near sunset time.  God's nature is just amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment