Monday, April 30, 2018

My Mom

My mother, Alice, passed away on this day quite a few years ago.  She would be 98 if she were still living on this earth. This morning, I was discussing on chat with my sweet sister in law, about my mom because we were talking about caring for the elderly, especially with dementia and how so often they are ignored, left alone in nursing homes.  We didn't have to do that with our mother, as we all pitched in, thanks to my Dad and my nurse sister for showing us all that this could be done..family just does what they can and we did live near one another.  Anyway, I have never regretted it and I miss her sweet smile, her caring nature..yes, Lord, I miss my momma...but the strange thing is, as I was having this chat on Facebook with my sis in law, I didn't realize the date.  I was so blown away, when the next thing to appear on FB were some memories from last year and there it appeared a story about her and the date of April 30th!  I was in tears..I know my momma has never forgotten me and God is so good to let her "visit" somehow...its hard to explain, but I "felt" her so strongly and know she IS still praying for me and my family.  I love you, Momma..I trust Lord God, that You are with my precious Momma and she sees Your Face now!  Eternal peace, Momma and let Perpetual Life Shine Upon you..Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. God rest her soul. No doubt she is with her grandson David! (Finally got the link to work on your blog. My fault.)

    ReplyDelete